Saturday, June 6, 2015

Doesn't It Feel Like Christmas?

I feel the Christmas spirit on this first weekend in June. Enough so that I felt compelled to compose a little song to celebrate.

Two Nights (to the tune of Winter Wonderland)

Don't hear a thing, are you listening?
There's no screams, no tears are glistening.
Giddy with delight.
We're happy tonight.
The kids're at Grannie and Papa's for two nights.

Gone away is our early bird.
The house is dark, I don't hear a word.
No screams before dawn.
I sleep all night long.
The kids're at Grannie and Papa's for two nights.

In the morning I can take a shower.
All alone, no faces 'gainst the door.
No little voices asking "Wha a dewing?"
Over and over until 
I scream "No more!"

We're going out, we'll conspire.
We'll party hard, but we're liars.
Leftover pizza is our fate.
Asleep before eight.
The kids're at Grannie and Papa's for two nights.

1 comment: